[more functions?] (was: Output to directory patch)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [more functions?] (was: Output to directory patch)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 14:44:57 +0100

>>> "AH" == Al Haji-Ali <abdo.haji.ali@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Tassilo for your help with the repo merging!
> And thanks to Ikumi and Uwe for the the help and being patient with the
> feedback.

Well I only annoyed you with sub bug reports and lobbied for your code
to be included. Thanks for our code.

BTW you also provided me with two functions, that simplify my workflow
quite a bit.

(defun copy-tex-output ()
   (interactive)
   (let* ((default (expand-file-name (TeX-active-master nil)))
          (default-dir (file-name-directory default))
          (default-file (concat (file-name-nondirectory default) "."
(TeX-output-extension)))
          (outputfile (expand-file-name (TeX-active-master
(TeX-output-extension))))
          (filename (read-file-name "Save as:" default-dir
                     default-file nil default-file)))
     (copy-file outputfile filename t)))

(defun attach-tex-output ()
   (interactive)
   (require 'gnus-dired)
   (gnus-dired-attach (list (expand-file-name (TeX-active-master
(TeX-output-extension))))))

Maybe this function could be included in say
 tex-addons.el

Or something like this?

Regards

Uwe