Re: Output to directory patch

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Output to directory patch
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 17:17:18 +0100

>> In case you say that the history of those 5 commits (or a subset
>> thereof) gives important information and should not be squashed,
>> that's also fine with me.
> I don't think the history is that important at this moment. So I
> squashed all the commits into a single one after I made the changes
> suggested by Ikumi (sorry, I somehow misunderstood the GNU guidelines
> regarding the first line of documentation).

Ok, fine.  I've pushed to our tex-build-only branch.  But it seems the
ChangeLog style change description is missing in the commit message.
Would you mind adding that, i.e., a brief summary of all new and changed
functions and variables?

Have a look at (info "(emacs) Change Log Commands") if you don't know
how to create such entries.  Basically, you'd just do `C-x 4 a' from
every changed/new function/variable in the diff of your change which
would add entries to ChangeLog (which isn't versioned anymore), and copy
them from there to the commit message.

If you use Magit, you can also just type `C' in the magit diff buffer
which will create the ChangeLog stub for the current function/variable
directly in the commit buffer.