auctex

Re: key-val label style

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: key-val label style
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 14:43:36 +0200

Wierdl Máté <wierdlmate@gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you, Arash.  I think that's exactly what happened: I am using Fedora
> Linux, and it recently updated Emacs to 27.1.
>
> $ rpm -q emacs emacs-auctex
> emacs-27.1-2.fc32.x86_64
> emacs-auctex-12.1-8.fc32.noarch
>
> I have written 3 books and some papers with tcolorbox and now I can't edit
> them in Emacs.  I'll look at what you are  suggesting.

Great, looking forward to your feedback.

> The most immediate problem is that in the notes I write for the class I am
> teaching  reftex doesn't show any of the references with label={*ref*} in
> them when I do C-c ), and I have well over hundred of them (lots of
> exercises), so manual referencing is out of the question.
>
> But yeah, it would be fantastic if Emacs could enter the environment with
> key-val style labels added automatically at the right place.

Yes, this is exactly what the code in the style file does.  And when you
hit `C-c ) RET', hit `c' to narrow down the choices to your environments
defined with tcolorbox-theorems.  This is currently hard-coded.

> I remark that reftex doesn't recognize regular labels which have
> options, either.  For example, cleveref can use options like
>
> \label[Theorem]{thm:1}
>
> to give it a suggestion about what name to use in references.

This feature is also present in current AUCTeX style for cleveref.  I
suggest you remove emacs-auctex-12.1-8.fc32.noarch and install the
latest AUCTeX version from ELPA as described in the manual[1]:

    Simply do `M-x list-packages RET', mark the auctex package for
    installation with `i', and hit `x' to execute the installation
    procedure.

Also read this portion[2] if you install AUCTeX from ELPA.

All AUCTeX/RefTeX features should also work for \label's with optional
argument.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#Installation