auctex

Re: Inserting comments

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Inserting comments
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 11:33:06 +0200

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

>> many thanks for fixing this issue.  One question: Would it make sense to
>> introduce a new buffer-local variable here and let AUCTeX styles add
>> environments to it instead of hard-coding `LaTeX-comment-env-list' into
>> `LaTeX-verbatim-regexp'?
>
> Do you mean adding something like `LaTeX-comment-env-list-local'?  Yes,
> it would make sense though I vaguely thought that AUCTeX styles could
> add their own entries into `LaTeX-comment-env-list' itself.

Yes, I was more thinking about `LaTeX-flushleft-env-list-local' (or
something like that).  I asked for this because I think we need more
flexibility in AUCTeX's indentation code.  My plea is to implement an
interface and don't setq-local custom variables and then append stuff
them later.

>> The proposed solution fails if a user defines a comment environment
>> without using the comment package.
>
> Is there a simple way to define a comment environment without using the
> comment package? (I'm not really opposed to your idea, just out of
> curiosity)

I was thinking about the standard way of defining environments with
\newenvironment{comment} :-)

Best, Arash