auctex

Re: AUCTeX does not ask for width for \includegraphics macro anymore

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: AUCTeX does not ask for width for \includegraphics macro anymore
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 22:56:18 +0100

Kourosh Kalayeh <kourosh2@umbc.edu> writes:

> I am still facing this issue (AUCTeX not asking for `width' in
> `\includegraphics' macro) in `beamer' mode.  I have tried `Emacs -Q'
> and same thing happens.  Can anyone please confirm if the issue
> persists or resolved on your end.

I didn't test it (no test case here) but from looking at the code, I'd
say it should just work.  Can you come up with a recipe what you do in
order to reproduce this, starting with emacs -Q?

Maybe you have a stale AUCTeX installation on your HD.  Can you open
your .tex file where you get the behavior above and do

 M-x list-load-path-shadows RET

And what's the value of `TeX-insert-macro-default-style' when you open
your .tex file?  Shouldn't be relevant for emacs -Q case, but just to be
sure.

Best, Arash