automake

Re: faster tests [was: rhel8 test failure confirmation?]

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: faster tests [was: rhel8 test failure confirmation?]
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 15:53:47 -0600

      Is there a way to time individual tests

I don't know. Maybe one of the more experienced automakers here can
advise.

Makes me wonder about having the test infrastructure start each test
by running date to get the start time into the log file. Does anyone see
a problem with doing that?

The mtime of the file should be good enough for the end time, I think?
(Filesystem inaccuracies shouldn't matter for that purpose. :) -k