Re: [avrdude-dev] Programming problems with RH7.3 and STK500

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Programming problems with RH7.3 and STK500
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:21:23 GMT

> Hi,
>
> I have problem with programming Mega128 device with
avrdude on STK500.

> I try this on PII-MMX 166MHz/64M RAM with RedHat 7.3, and
then I try on Celeron 333 with
192M RAM on RH7.3 but the error persist.

> I read prevous messages on this mailing list and I find
some similar errors on W2K system,
and I try to increase programming time, but without sucess.
> The I suspect a hardware and I try on the same machine
(Celeron) with W2k and AVR Studio -
and everything is working fine.
> Then I suspect a compiler - I use avr-gcc and test the
same code compiled with WinAVR -
but nothing help.
> Can somebody help me around this, please?
> Here is some dumps of messages that I got.
>
> Regard
> raf
>
> avrdude> sig
> Device signature = 0x1e9702
> avrdude> part
> AVR Part              : ATMEGA128
> Chip Erase delay      : 9000 us
> PAGEL                 : PD7
> BS2                   : PA0
> RESET disposition     : dedicated
> RETRY pulse           : SCK
> serial program mode   : yes
> parallel program mode : yes
> Memory Detail         :
>                             Page
Polled
>   Memory Type Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW
ReadBack
>   ----------- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ------
---
>   eeprom      no       4096    8     0  9000  9000 0xff
0xff
>   flash       yes    131072  256   512 18000 32000 0xff
0x00
>   lfuse       no          1    0     0     0     0 0x00
0x00
>   hfuse       no          1    0     0     0     0 0x00
0x00
>   efuse       no          1    0     0     0     0 0x00
0x00
>   lock        no          1    0     0     0     0 0x00
0x00
>   calibration no          1    0     0     0     0 0x00
0x00
>   signature   no          3    0     0     0     0 0x00
0x00
> avrdude> quit
> avrdude done.  Thank you.
> address@hidden raf]# avrdude -p m128 -c STK500 -P /dev/ttyS1 -
i gcctest1.hex
> avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept
instructions
> avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9702
> avrdude: reading input file "gcctest1.hex"
> avrdude: input file gcctest1.hex auto detected as Intel
Hex
> avrdude: writing flash (254 bytes):
> avrdude: 256 bytes of flash written
> avrdude: verifying flash memory against gcctest1.hex:
> avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:
> avrdude: verifying ...
> avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0001
>          0x94 != 0x80
> avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
> avrdude done.  Thank you.
> address@hidden raf]#

Did you erase the chip before programming, using -e? I
don't see it in your command line. See the docs about this
switch.

Eric