Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude: stk500_getsync error message

From: Martin Thomas
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude: stk500_getsync error message
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:24:56 +0200

> Oh, foo.
>
> You are absolutely correct. I originally *wanted* to put in the 0.4
version
> because I was a little unsure about the "exact timing" version because it
> hadn't been tested thoroughly. I guess I had gotten mixed up and put the
wrong
> version in the 20040404 release.
>
> I guess now the question would be: could the "exact timing" feature have
> anything to do with this problem?

I do not think so, although it might be. But since I can not reproduce the
problem here and the OT (Peter) sees it only on one maschine we may
wait for other reports to get more information. "Exact timing" is more
importent with PPIs with serial-port-protocol-interfaces the delay loop
is only used in the context of the AVR-ISP/SPI programming.

Peter: You may try the fuse-programming-procedure with the 0.4
Version of avrdude-w32 avail. on www.siwawi.arubi.uni-kl.de/avr_projects

Martin