Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems with STK500 protocol

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems with STK500 protocol
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:23:20 +0200

On Thursday 24 June 2004 21:48, Matthias Weißer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have developed a STK500 compatibel USB programmer. It works
> perfectly with AVRDude.

That's good ;-)

> But if I use the AVRStudio to programm an
> ATMega16 with my programmer it works only with every second page. I
> write 0x00 to all pages. The first page is filled with 0x00, the
> third page is filled with 0x00 and so on. But the second, fourth
> ... Page are filled with 0xFF.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi Matthias,

it would be best to have a capture of the AVRstudio-traffic during
programming.

I can think of two reasons for your problem.
1) Your programmer misses every other "Program Page"-command
2) There is a byte vs. word problem with the "Load Page"-command

To rule out one of these possibilities simply try to program a file
that has 0x00 in the first page, 0x01 in the second page and so on.

If you sent me the sourcecode via personal mail, I will take a look.

Cheers
  Jan-Hinnerk