Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems with STK500 protocol

From: Matthias Weißer
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems with STK500 protocol
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:37:56 +0200

Jan-Hinnerk Reichert schrieb:

But if I use the AVRStudio to programm an
ATMega16 with my programmer it works only with every second page. I
write 0x00 to all pages. The first page is filled with 0x00, the
third page is filled with 0x00 and so on. But the second, fourth
... Page are filled with 0xFF.

Any ideas?

Hi Matthias,

it would be best to have a capture of the AVRstudio-traffic during programming.

I knew. But thats not that easy when using USB. And I don't have an original STK500.

I can think of two reasons for your problem.
1) Your programmer misses every other "Program Page"-command
2) There is a byte vs. word problem with the "Load Page"-command

3) Cmnd_STK_PROG_PAGE means not "Program one page" as I assumed. It means "Program n Pages". So the AVRStudio send's 256 Byte of data and this is enough to programm two pages on an ATMega16. And so every second page wasn't programmed because I misunderstood the documentation.

--
Matthias Weißer
address@hidden