Re: [avrdude-dev] Status

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Status
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:02:41 +0200

On Thursday 01 July 2004 20:08, E. Weddington wrote:
> Hello everybody!

Well, here's my two cent...

> There are 3 bugs:
> 7309, 7383, 7492
> The fourth bug (8265) I think looks like a non-issue.

I agree with #8265.

IMHO we can't do much about #7309 and #7492 without more information.

We  should take care of #7383 sometime, but I don't think it must get
in before the release.

#3170 and #3172 could be included with almost no risk. I like the idea
of a compile date. However, I think the information should only be in
the CVS and I would like to have it behind the version number.

#3092 looks nice, but I haven't had time to look at it in greater
detail. IMHO it should go in shortly *after* the release.

IMHO #3136 is important, because some chips (slow internal RC) can't
be programmed without it (using STK500). However, I think that it
would be nice to be able to change the SPI-clock at the command line
or in the configuration, too.

It looks like we will have to think about SPI-clock for PPI
programmers, too: The SPI-code for windows is still waiting for a
major speedup which would break programming of slow (500kHz) devices.

And perhaps there are people who have their AVR running at 32.768kHz

> And we're interested in spinning a new WinAVR release that
> hopefully includes a new avrdude release.
>
> Is there any way an avrdude could be released within a week? Is
> there anything else to add?

No objections from me.

> Does the NEWS file need updates?

- Baudrate for serial programmers is selectable via config or
command-line-switch.

- Removed deprecated options!!!

- Some small fixes and cleanup

Cheers