Re: [avrdude-dev] Status

From: Galen Seitz
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Status
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 10:05:30 -0700

E. Weddington <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 6 Jul 2004 at 17:02, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:
>
> > IMHO #3136 is important, because some chips (slow internal RC) can't
> > be programmed without it (using STK500). However, I think that it
> > would be nice to be able to change the SPI-clock at the command line
> > or in the configuration, too.
> >
> > It looks like we will have to think about SPI-clock for PPI
> > programmers, too: The SPI-code for windows is still waiting for a
> > major speedup which would break programming of slow (500kHz) devices.
> >
> > And perhaps there are people who have their AVR running at 32.768kHz
>
> Is #3136 important enough to put in sometime this week? Or do you think that
> we
> should defer this until after a release?

The mega48 as delivered from the factory can't be programmed on the
stk500 without the patch.  The patch is basically limited to adding the
sck command, so even if it isn't quite correct, it should have little or
no impact on the rest of the code(famous last words).  Of course I'm
biased since it's my patch.

galen