[avrdude-dev] code review comments

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avrdude-dev] code review comments
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:06:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm looking through the code a bit and have a few comments.

In main():

    905     else {
    906       update_progress = update_progress_no_tty;
    907       #if defined(WIN32NATIVE)
    908       /* disable all buffering of stderr for compatibility with
    909          software that captures and redirects output to a GUI
    910          i.e. Programmers Notepad */
    911       setvbuf( stderr, NULL, _IONBF, 0 );
    912       setvbuf( stdout, NULL, _IONBF, 0 );
    913       #endif /* WIN32NATIVE */
    914         }

Could lines 907 and 913 just be removed? I doubt this would hurt for
other systems and might even help.

    922     fprintf(stderr,
    923             "\n%s: Version %s\n"
    924             "%sCopyright (c) 2000-2003 Brian Dean, address@hidden",
    925             progname, version, progbuf);
    926         #if defined(WIN32NATIVE)
    927         #warning "Experimental Win32 Native Build"
    928         fprintf(stderr,"%sExperimental Windows32 native build by Martin
        Thomas\n\n",
    929                 progbuf);
    930         #endif

Copyright needs updated.

Is the native w32 still experimental? Can that be removed?

Shouldn't all the leading '#' characters for preprocessor directives be
at the beginning of the line instead of intended? Does indenting those
work with all compilers on all systems?

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9