Re: [avrdude-dev] code review comments

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] code review comments
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:21:23 -0600

On 7 Jul 2004 at 16:06, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking through the code a bit and have a few comments.
>
> In main():
>
>     905     else {
>     906       update_progress = update_progress_no_tty;
>     907       #if defined(WIN32NATIVE)
>     908       /* disable all buffering of stderr for compatibility with
>     909          software that captures and redirects output to a GUI
>     910          i.e. Programmers Notepad */
>     911       setvbuf( stderr, NULL, _IONBF, 0 );
>     912       setvbuf( stdout, NULL, _IONBF, 0 );
>     913       #endif /* WIN32NATIVE */
>     914         }
>
> Could lines 907 and 913 just be removed? I doubt this would hurt for
> other systems and might even help.

If those function calls work on Linux, FreeBSD, and Mac OSX, then why not?

> Copyright needs updated.
>
> Is the native w32 still experimental? Can that be removed?

It should be removed. It's been tested enough IMHO.

> Shouldn't all the leading '#' characters for preprocessor directives be
> at the beginning of the line instead of intended? Does indenting those
> work with all compilers on all systems?

Considering all the systems that avrdude is known to work on, the compiler that
is being used on all those systems is GCC, and no other. Indenting preprocessor
directives is known to work on GCC. So, technically it's fine. But if somebody
(Brian) wants to declare a stylistic preference for the application, that's a
different matter.

Eric