Re: [avrdude-dev] Setting sck period from command line

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Setting sck period from command line
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:45:15 +0200

As Matthias Weißer wrote:

> AVRDUDE should be able to read a scriptfile with the same commands
> as in terminal mode:

> -t without parameter: enter terminal mode
> -t "filename": execute the commands in the file and exit

That violates the option style guidelines for Unix programs (*), and
is not supported by the standard getopt(3) library function.  It can
only accept options that either always require an argument, or never.

Proposal: -T filename

(*) I know other programs violate them, too.  But that's no reason to
follow bad practice, and in particular no reason to give up on using
standard getopt(), and roll our own...