Re: [avrdude-dev] Setting sck period from command line

From: Matthias Weißer
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Setting sck period from command line
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:14:05 +0200

Joerg Wunsch schrieb:
As Matthias Weißer wrote:

AVRDUDE should be able to read a scriptfile with the same commands
as in terminal mode:

-t without parameter: enter terminal mode
-t "filename": execute the commands in the file and exit

That violates the option style guidelines for Unix programs (*), and
is not supported by the standard getopt(3) library function.  It can
only accept options that either always require an argument, or never.

Proposal: -T filename

(*) I know other programs violate them, too.  But that's no reason to
follow bad practice, and in particular no reason to give up on using
standard getopt(), and roll our own...

That would be absolute OK for me. I didn't know anything about getopt().

-T filename or any -foobar filename would be great.

--
Matthias Weißer
address@hidden