Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: [AVR-Chat] AVRDUDE 5.0 BETA Release

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: [AVR-Chat] AVRDUDE 5.0 BETA Release
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:09:56 -0600

Brian Dean wrote:

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 04:44:05PM -0500, Mike Perks wrote:

Windows is not my platform of choice but it certainly is the most
popular "choice". I don't quite understand why it takes so long to
produce a Windows version.

Like any open source project, we're doing this in our spare time, as a
service to the community.  Since it's a volunteer effort, the work
gets done as folks have time to do it.  But geez, the release was only
cut on Saturday and on short notice at that - please be patient.  The
binaries will be available soon.

Also, the main Windows developer tries not to do too much on weekends anyway. ;-) Plus he's not subscribed to the address@hidden list.

You always have the option to build the binary yourself; some build instructions are in the avrdude user manual. Note that it requires you to be somewhat familiar with Cygwin / POSIX environment.

Eric