Re: [avrdude-dev] Time Problem Avrdude 5.3.1 on mac

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Time Problem Avrdude 5.3.1 on mac
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:45:19 +0200

As Yannick PODGORSKI wrote:

> Sorry to ask this question again but I don't know if I can change
> the timeout whitout bad consequences.

There's no point in that.  Something else must be wrong, supposedly
somehow in the Darwin implementation of libusb.  As you've seen from
my FreeBSD traces, the response is supposed to get back after way
shorter time than the 10 s timeout, so the timeout should not matter
at all as long as it is long enough for the response to come in.  As
your version is apparently only terminated by the timeout, that's
where the bug is.

Talk to the libusb people, I'd say.