[avrdude-dev] [bug #19882] Many "error in USB receive" messages received

From: David A. Mellis
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #19882] Many "error in USB receive" messages received before successful programming.
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:37:43 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #19882 (project avrdude):

It seems that my AVRISP mkII is not responding to the sync command
(CMD_SIGN_ON aka the byte 1), even with the latest firmware.  The sync is
retried 33 times, each time with a 10 second timeout, leading to the long
delay I noticed.

I noticed the following lines in the stk500v2_getsync() function in
stk500v2.c (lines 483-484):

  if (pgmtype == PGMTYPE_JTAGICE_MKII)
    return 0;

Is that to avoid a similar problem with the JTAGICE mkII?  Would it make
sense to do the same for the AVRISP mkII, or am I the only one having these
problems?  If the latter, anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19882>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/