Re: [avrdude-dev] Intel Mac and AVR Dragon

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Intel Mac and AVR Dragon
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:44:45 +0200

As Evan Broder wrote:

> avrdude: Sent: . [1b] . [00] . [00] . [01] . [00] . [00] . [00] . [0e] .
> [01] . [f3] . [97]
> avrdude: jtagmkII_recv():

> And then it hangs. Oh - and the firmware is fresh, I tried updating
> it yesterday to see if that made a difference.

So really nothing comes back from USB here.

Next step would be to ktrace everything, and see whether the problem
is in libusb, or within the kernel driver.

The really strange thing though is that you say your AVRISP mkII works
-- both use very similar code paths, including their use of libusb.

Could that be a permission problem for the underlying device node?