Re: [avrdude-dev] ATTINY88

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATTINY88
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:42:21 -0500

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Allan Macdonald
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Ianyone already created a part description
> for the ATTINY88?  Will an existing definition work?

I started to do this myself, but there are discrepancies between the datasheet,
the Studio XML files, and what AVRDUDE wants to see.  Like the part
only has 64 bytes of EEPROM but the XML file has 256 bytes, no BS2.
There are a few messages in the
list archives about this from last month:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2009-01/threads.html

I see I did not post Atmel's response to the thread.  All it really said
was in effect "We don't give out XML files and the part has 64 bytes of EEPROM".
Not all that helpful, so I've just been using Studio to program the chip for the
moment.