Re: [avrdude-dev] avarice - cannot sync

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avarice - cannot sync
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:22:19 +0100

As Vandra Ákos wrote:

> Hi! I tried setting up avarice, but it says it cannot sync... I have
> a JTAG clone, that works well from AVR studio, but only at 19200bps.
> Avarice is first trying to connect at 115200, maybe that screws up
> communication... Is there a way to tell avarice to connect only at
> 19200?

Something must be seriously fishy with your clone then.

You can go ahead, and edit src/jtagio.cc.  In jtag1::startJtagLink(),
swap the entries for 19200 and 115200 in the table.  Then, in
jtag1::initJtagBox(), comment out the line that changes the rate to
115200.

I'm afraid it will be respond slow then.  You're probably much better
off by replacing the clone by an AVR Dragon.