Re: [avrdude-dev] patch #5655, again

From: Windell H. Oskay
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] patch #5655, again
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:54:27 -0700

On Mar 23, 2010, at 10:18 PM, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> Yes, the patch is rather a hack, see my comment which nobody
> bothered to reply to within those 2.5 years:
>
> "I'd really like to see some more analysis for the actual cause
> of this problem before adding a hack that simply disables the
> sign-on command."

Yes, I saw that.  Please consider this thread a reply. ;)

> So this would require someone with a Mac willing to actually *do*
> some analysis first.

If you can tell me what to test, I'll do my best.

>  Can you get me a communication trace
> (-vvvv) for both (patched/unpatched) cases?

Yes; I'll send them to you off-list (unless anyone wants to see them here).

> Btw., the patch no longer applies at all, due to other structural
> changes.  Did it apply for you?

No, I patched it manually.

After:
  if (PDATA(pgm)->pgmtype == PGMTYPE_JTAGICE_MKII)
    return 0;

Added:
  if (PDATA(pgm)->pgmtype == PGMTYPE_AVRISP_MKII)
    return 0;