[avrdude-dev] patch #5655, again

From: Windell H. Oskay
Subject: [avrdude-dev] patch #5655, again
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:43:27 -0700

Hey folks,
A few days ago I was setting up a Mac with an AVRISP MkII, avrdude 5.10, to
program some xmegas over PDI.

I ended up getting the same errors that were previously reported as bug #19882:

avrdude: usbdev_recv_frame(): usb_bulk_read(): usb_bulk_read: An error occured
during read (see messages above)
avrdude: stk500v2_recv_mk2: error in USB receive
avrdude: Sent: . [01]
[...over and over again]

I was able to fix it by applying patch #5655, which is apparently still open
after three years.   I've been recommending this patch to people since 2006...
and it feels silly to keep doing so.   Any way to close it up?

Cheers,
-Windell

Windell H. Oskay
www.evilmadscientist.com