Re: [avrdude-dev] support for bitbanging GPIO lines through /sys/class/g

From: Peter Korsgaard
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] support for bitbanging GPIO lines through /sys/class/gpio
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:22:51 +0200

>>>>> "Ormund" == Ormund Williams <address@hidden> writes:

 Ormund> Actually there is, I have a prototype system that runs AVRDude
 Ormund> on an x86 SBC and is connected to an ATMega128 based board via
 Ormund> a serial and parallel port.  Now if I switch to an ARM based
 Ormund> SBC it would be nice to use the GPIO to do ISP without having
 Ormund> to write any custom software, so there's one vote for the idea.
 Ormund> In reality though I'm moving to using a boot-loader for
 Ormund> updating the code on the AVR board, so this project will not be
 Ormund> a candidate for this feature.

+1 from here as well. I'm not using something like this at the moment,
but have considered it for a new project.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard