[avrdude-dev] Duplicate operations

From: Raffael Mancini
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Duplicate operations
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:09:04 +0200

Hi,

I've used avrdude to set the fuses of an m162 and used the params -U
lfuse:w:0xxx:m -U lfuse:w:0xyy:m -U efuse:w:0xzz:m. Unfortunately I
didn't notice that the second operation had the same target as the
first. I actually intended to set hfuse instead of lfuse. This led to
the situation where I had to recover my uC by using a 32kHz watch xtal.

Is there a good reason why multiple operation with the same target are
allowed? If not, I'd like to write a patch that would ignore double
operations or just exit with an appropriate message.

Greetings!
Raffael Mancini