Re: [avrdude-dev] FTDI patch(patch(patch)))

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] FTDI patch(patch(patch)))
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 08:21:06 +0200

As Jason Hecker wrote:

> I'll need to make a tweak or two - but after I make a new patch
> submission what are the chances of it being included in AVRDUDE 5.11?

They are good, provided:

. the patch arrives as soon as possible,
. it includes documentation (if you think you won't be able to patch
  the docs, at least write ASCII snippets of text blocks that can
  be included),
. the patch should not depend on proprietary libraries (like the
  binary one from FTDI) - this would prevent it to be applicable to
  all platforms, and it would also violate the hosting requirements
  on savannah.nongnu.org

Thanks for your contribution!