Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #30498] Add support for new avr devices (atmega32

From: Robert Kaye
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #30498] Add support for new avr devices (atmega324pa)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 23:05:44 -0700

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #30498 (project avrdude):

    part definition for :
    atmega164a
    atmega164pa
    atmega324a
    atmega644a
    atmega644pa
    atmega1284
    made from xml and datasheet.

    atmega324pa and atmega1284p already done in latest .conf file.

    (file #23837)

Hi!

Thanks for posting this file, I've been making do with forcing the 324p for our project that uses 324a mcus. I've added this conf file to the bottom of my avrdude.conf file and I get:

   sudo avrdude -p m324a -P usb -c avrispmkII -Uflash:w:ballz.hex

   avrdude: stk500v2_command(): command failed
   avrdude: stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0xc9
   avrdude: stk500v2_program_enable(): cannot get connection status
   avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
            this check.

Any idea how I can resolve this problem? It appears that forcing the 324p mode works for everything but using the eeprom, which we need to do now.

Any help would be appreciated!

--

--ruaok The answer to whether or not something is a good idea should not be taken as an indication of whether I want to do it.

Robert Kaye     --     address@hidden     --    http://mayhem-chaos.net