[avrdude-dev] FTIDI/Glyn UM232H patch for MPSSE SPI

From: Jason Hecker
Subject: [avrdude-dev] FTIDI/Glyn UM232H patch for MPSSE SPI
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:22:25 +1000

Hi,

Here is my patch that patches the three patches in #7486.  I have put
it here for posterity.  It has been built with libusb-1.0 and the
development branch of libftdi that uses libusb-1.0 in Windows 32 using
Mingw32 and the corresponding prebuilt developer libraries in
http://code.google.com/p/picusb/downloads/list.  I have tested it with
the UM232H module sold by Glyn.com.au with much success.

The problem of course, is using libusb-1.0 and libftdi that aren't
made using the older libusb so probably won't 'just work' in current
Linux distributions so in the near future I will rejig it to work with
the older versions of these libraries for inclusion in AVRDUDE 5.11 or
5.12.

An example at 3.5MHz:

./avrdude -c um232h -p m1280 -U flash:w:ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega1280.hex -b 3500000

The innovation here is use of the 30MHz MPSSE clock instead of the old
6MHz clock.  It's very snappy.

Jason Hecker