Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7486] Patch to add FT2232C/D, FT2232H, FT4232H

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7486] Patch to add FT2232C/D, FT2232H, FT4232H, usbvid, usbpid, usbdev for USB support - Based on #7062
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:54:02 +0200

As Jason Hecker wrote:

> Is it possible to include the
> libftdi0.19+232H patches source into the AVRDUDE source tree so anyone
> building AVRDUDE 5.11 on any platform (with libftdi statically linked)
> doesn't get miss out on the 232H around until libftdi 0.20 comes out?

Including it into the source is not a very good option, because this
has to go through all the Makefile.am mess.

I could put the patch into the AVRDUDE download directory.

I think it would ultimately make more sense to provide suitable
binaries instead, which can be placed into the AVRDUDE download
directory for anyone interested.