Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7486] Patch to add FT2232C/D, FT2232H, FT4232H

From: Jason Hecker
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7486] Patch to add FT2232C/D, FT2232H, FT4232H, usbvid, usbpid, usbdev for USB support - Based on #7062
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:19:29 +1000

> I think it would ultimately make more sense to provide suitable
> binaries instead, which can be placed into the AVRDUDE download
> directory for anyone interested.

OK, well my hand flapping on the libftdi and avrdude mailing lists is
just that - hand flapping.  I think then maybe instead of issuing
conditional builds maybe you can release 5.11 with the avrftdi.c/h as
they are now as then the patches for the 232H come after.  Of course
this will be sorted out some time next year when 5.12 and libftdi 0.20
come out.  I am happy to supply a Windows binary of AVRDUDE with the
232H patches to AVRDUDE and libftdi 0.19.  What do you think?