[avrdude-dev] [bug #34518] loading intel hex files > 64k using record-ty

From: David Hoerl
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #34518] loading intel hex files > 64k using record-type 4 (Extended Linear Address Record)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:47:30 +0000

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #34518 (project avrdude):

Hah - yes - I was looking at the code and trying to remember. AVR32 required
addresses that did not begin at 0. So in this mode, you set the starting
address somewhere then you need to write the number of bytes written. That's
what its all there for.

For those using offsets of "0" - the common case - the offsetaddr should have
no affect. This was my intent in the way it was coded - that for most people
using "0" the variable would not do anything.

It did work fine for me - I ended up having to download tables at crazy
addresses at year ago and it was working fine for me then.

David

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34518>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/