[avrdude-dev] Problems with Avrdude error usb_bulk_read

From: Ed
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Problems with Avrdude error usb_bulk_read
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 10:33:48 -0800

Joerg:
I tried using sudo and results are the same.

Xiaofan:
Avrdude comes from:
 http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/avrdude/avrdude-5.11.1.tar.gz
Patches applied:
patch-jtagmkII_private.h.diff
patch-jtagmkII.c.diff
These patches come from the Avrdude bug repository they are for OS X.

Libusb-1.0,8 comes from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/files/latest/download?source=files
Patches applied:
None

Libusb-0.1.13 comes from:
http://www.ellert.se/PKGS/libusb-2011-10-29/src/libusb-2011-10-29-svn-macosx.tar.gz
Patches applied:
libusb-64bit.patch
libusb-cxx.patch
libusb-endian.patch
libusb-runloop.patch
This version of libusb comes from this web site:
http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/

I installed the latest libusb-compat from sources and could not get Avrdude to
recognize its existance.  So I found this version
and it installed fine.

I'll try your suggestions.

Thanks,
Ed