Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7635] Fix avrftdi.c/h Random lockup/moved glob

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7635] Fix avrftdi.c/h Random lockup/moved globals to private data against 5.11.1
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 17:48:27 +0100

Am 06.02.2012 um 17:30 schrieb Doug Springer:

> I guess I should have let Hannes know I'd already done the work. I've not had
> any issues with the patch I submitted.  I suppose we should unify the two.
>
> Doug

I knew about your patch, I even commented on it :)
Your patch dates back to october but wasn't merged yet, so I forgot about it.
I fiddled with my FTDI the last couple days, because I need to program an AVR
again and saw that the private data thing wasn't done yet, so I implemented it
again.
The patches are similar, they differ only in variable names. Mine cures also
some bugs.
My second patch uses also the setup and teardown hooks.

I want to rewrite the page programming functions, but I will wait until the
private data thing is merged into SVN.