Re: [avrdude-dev] atmega48pa support

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] atmega48pa support
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 23:51:52 +0200

As Simon Kirby wrote:

> I copy-paste-changed the following to make it
> work with the dragon.

With the SVN version of AVRDUDE, there's no need for copy&paste
anymore.

> This is a mostly blind copy of the ATmega48P with the signature bytes
> changed.

Hmm.  The ATmega48P entry (now) has:

part parent "m48"
    id               = "m48p";
    desc             = "ATmega48P";
    signature        = 0x1e 0x92 0x0a;
  ;

Your ATmega48PA entry has:

> +    signature        = 0x1e 0x92 0x0a;

Where's the difference in signatures?

I guess a new entry would rather look like:

part parent "m48p"
    id               = "m48pa";
    desc             = "ATmega48PA";
  ;

But then, someone should probably make a sweep through all those
die-shrink "A" versions, and submit a patch for all of them.