Re: [avrdude-dev] Adding support for ATmega32C1 in avrdude.conf

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Adding support for ATmega32C1 in avrdude.conf
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:34:59 +0000

Hi Stuart!

You might have to go back to an earlier version of Atmel Studio / AVR Studio to
find an XML file for that part.

> The items that are obvious for me (id, desc, signature etc.) I have
> implemented, and AVRDUDE seems to accept that the part exists (it
> didn't
> before, complaining that the device wasn't in the database of parts).
> However, I haven't managed test actually programming a part yet.
>
> Would someone be willing to either:
> a) Explain which parameters I must have to support Arduino programming
> of
> this MCU
> OR
> b) Check my new entry in the avrdude.conf to tell me if it is correct?

A lot of times, people find similar parts and change the items that you did
above (id, desc, signature, etc.).

I would suggest trying to program a real part, and also post the new entry here
(it didn't look like you posted in the original email), and we can review it.

@Joerg Wunsch: Can we please give priority to Stuart? ;-) Thanks!

Eric Weddington