Re: [avrdude-dev] Adding support for ATmega32C1 in avrdude.conf

From: Radoslav Kolev
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Adding support for ATmega32C1 in avrdude.conf
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:31:14 +0200

Hi Stuart,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Stuart Cording <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am trying to add support for the ATmgea32C1 in avrdude.conf. My key aim
> is to support this MCU (and some others later) to be programmed using the
> Arduino IDE.
> It isn't clear to me how to correctly add a new entry for an MCU that was
> never supported by the STK500 and for which I can't find any "XML" files in
> the Atmel Studio 6 install.

I did a quick search for this and a guy on some Russian forum has
reported successfully programming the Atmega32c1 by just using
atmega32 definition and the force option (-F) to ignore the signature
mismatch. Forum post in Russian is here:
http://forum.easyelectronics.ru/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10054

I'm attaching the config snippet posted there. Hopefully it can be of
some help for you to program it using avrdude and one of the supported
ISP programmers. That would be just the first step to adding Arduino
IDE support though. I'm not sure of the details but you will for sure
need to do quite a bit more work.

Regards,
Radoslav