Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude r1160 Segmentation fault

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude r1160 Segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 11:45:15 +0200

As Hannes Weisbach wrote:

> gcc/clang is available for Windows (mingw), Linux, *BSD, OS X,
> ... so which major platform causes the holdup? Or is there some
> other reason I'm missing?

AVRDUDE used to be compilably on Visual C in the past, I think,
and Microsoft stopped any development on C, so they are frozen
on C90 level.

But you're probably right, we might have lost this ability quite
some time ago by using various other C99 features.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/