[avrdude-dev] [bug #43178] Problem programmig uc3a0512 with AtmelIce, ta

From: Bradley Jarvis
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #43178] Problem programmig uc3a0512 with AtmelIce, target does not answer
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 02:01:11 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #43178 (project avrdude):

Hi Joerg,
Ok I have now got avrdude downloading to the AVR32, I have ended up added a
new programmer called atmelice_avr32. The update includes mostly changes to
jtag3.c and jtag3_private.h, i also updated pgm_type.c and avrdude.conf to
include the "new" programming device. At the moment the change is a bit messy,
I am planning on cleaning it up once I get some free time (I also might look
into why the jtagmkii_avr32 functions failed).

The jtag interface to the avr32 ended up being pretty different to the avr8's
so I have implemented extra functions to handle this stuff. At the moment I
added

const char jtag3_avr32_desc[] = "Atmel JTAGICE3 in AVR32 mode";
void jtag3_avr32_initpgm(PROGRAMMER * pgm)

Which include handles to new avr32 specific functions, it is possibly cleaner
though to add a avr32 flag and use the avr8 functions with a check to the flag
to select between code, what do you think?

Do you want me to upload a patch for my current code so you can suggest what
you would like for this to be accepted into avrdude?

I am also happy to maintain the avr32 specific code too.

Regards Brad

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?43178>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/