Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #40831] LUFA AVRISP-MKII fails with avrdude 6.0.1

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #40831] LUFA AVRISP-MKII fails with avrdude 6.0.1
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 20:06:24 -0300

Hi Dean/Joerg,

Keeping my reply on the list & not bugtracker as not directly related to
that bug:

Do you think it's worth fixing the issue forcing the separate endpoints?
AFAIK the issue is triggered by a call to usbdev_drain() which might be
possible to work around (read: just disable for avr-isp2).

I only ask as if this is fixed it might add another complication to the
system, and I don't know if it would become worth making two separate
AVR-ISPmk2 programmers at that point. One has the 'libusb' fixes and assumes
the two separate endpoints, (i.e. called avrisp2lufa or whatever), one
always assumes endpoints are as in Atmel AVRISP-MK2.

I assume it would be possible to differentiate between the 3 programmers and
enable the correct code (i.e.: Atmel AVR-ISPMK2, LUFA AVR-ISPMK2 in
AVRStudio Mode, LUFA AVR-ISPMK2 in LIBUSB Mode). But it might become a
ungainly/difficult to maintain into the future, and ultimately be easier at
some point in time say screw it to the users, and make them specify exactly
what they want.

Regards,

  -Colin O'Flynn