[bug #60575] Permission denied on macOS Big Sur

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [bug #60575] Permission denied on macOS Big Sur
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 16:29:21 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #60575 (project avrdude):

[comment #1 comment #1:]

> a) Download - run this back from your (~/code) root code directory
>
> git clone git://github.com/facchinm/avrdude.git

Well, this is not an official repository ...

> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2021-03/msg00001.html

... and it turns out they use different code than the official AVR
(subversion) repository, for whatever reason.

>From your mail, it's not entirely clear to me what your change was. If it's
the line with AC_DEFINE([HAVE_LIBHIDAPI]), well, this one has been in the
official code base since the introduction of libhidapi 5 years ago.

The difference between the version you are quoting and the official repository
is that the official version uses AC_SEARCH_LIBS, the version you quoted it
wraps their own loop around PKG_CHECK_MODULES.

See line #170 here:

http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/avrdude/trunk/avrdude/configure.ac?revision=1447&view=markup

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?60575>

  Message sent via Savannah