Re: [bug #60575] Permission denied on macOS Big Sur

From: Hans Eirik Bull
Subject: Re: [bug #60575] Permission denied on macOS Big Sur
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 22:40:35 +0100

I figured out the issue! It's so dumb I'm a bit embarrassed.

In order to try to fix this myself I applied a patch to configure.ac yesterday.
It still didn't work, and I forgot to revert this patch.

What really solved it for me was the "custom" configure command:
env LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/Cellar CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include ./configure

With the correct configure.ac file and pointing to the brew directories I
finally got the programmer working.
I should probably write this on nongnu.org <http://nongnu.org/> as well, so
others that have similar issues can try this too.

Thanks for your support Jörg!

Best regards
Hans