bbdb-user

bbdb3 not automatically adding new entries

From: Rajeev.Gore
Subject: bbdb3 not automatically adding new entries
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 22:33:50 +1000

Hi all,

I have upgraded to bbdb3 about three months ago and all was well until
recently.  Now, vm fails to automatically add all new entries to my
.bbdb file. It used to do so and I have no idea what I have changed.

My bbdb_customise.el file contains only these lines:

;;--------------------------------------------------------------------
;;customisations for mail/vm/bbdb
;;--------------------------------------------------------------------

(require 'bbdb)
;(setq bbdb-file "~/.emacs.d/bbdb")
(setq bbdb-file "~/.bbdb")
(load-library "bbdb-spam.el")
;(require 'bbdb-com)
;(require 'bbdb-autoloads)
;(bbdb-insinuate-vm)
;(setq bbdb/mail-auto-create-p t)
;(setq bbdb-expand-mail-aliases t)
;;;;;; I want to see the BBDB buffer only when I ask for it.
;(setq bbdb-pop-up nil)
;(setq bbdb-use-pop-up nil)
(setq bbdb-completion-display-record nil)
(setq bbdb-allow-duplicates t)
(setq bbdb-message-all-addresses t)
(setq bbdb-update-records-p 'create)

There are no entries beginning with bbdb- in any of my other files such as .vm
or .emacs.

What am I missing please?

raj

--
Rajeev Gore'
Professor, Logic and Computation Group, and