bbdb-user

Re: getting bbdb3 to work with mh-e

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: getting bbdb3 to work with mh-e
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:45:52 -0400

Sorry for screwing up the mh-e-users list. I've corrected the CC!

Roland Winkler <address@hidden> wrote:
    > On Fri Aug 23 2019 Michael Richardson wrote:
    >> It appears that bbdb-mua-mode-alist has a line:
    >>
    >> (mh-show-mode mhe-mode mhe-summary-mode mh-folder-mode mh-show-mode)
    >>
    >> which preceeds the "mh" mode, but there is no longer support for that
mode.
    >> Deleting that line makes things work.

    > Where / how do you get this line?  This line is not a part of the
    > default value of bbdb-mua-mode-alist.  And this is not a user
    > variable, but it is intended to be a constant.  So yes, you should
    > delete this line (though this step should not be needed in the first
    > place).

Aha, so my git history says I tried to add it to get things working last time
I worked on this.   I think that what I need to have is:

-    (mh mhe-mode mhe-summary-mode mh-folder-mode)
+    (mh mhe-mode mhe-summary-mode mh-folder-mode mh-show-mode)

    >> I still occasionally get:
    >>
    >> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p
nil)
    >> bbdb-insert-record-internal([...

    > An error in this context should not be related with a particular
    > mua.  Can you try to get a more detailed backtrace from an
    > uncompiled bbdb?

rm lisp/*.elc, restart emacs?

{35 years of emacs usage, and it feels like it's brain bit-rotted...}

]     address@hidden  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [