bbdb-user

Re: getting bbdb3 to work with mh-e

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: getting bbdb3 to work with mh-e
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:52:51 -0400

Roland Winkler <address@hidden> wrote:
    > On Fri Aug 23 2019 Michael Richardson wrote:
    >> Next: I no longer get the bbdb record shown when in mh-folder-mode.
    >> I'm pretty sure this is an mh-e hook that isn't pointing at the right
place.

    >> I don't see anything in bbdb-insinuate-mh to set this up.

    > You may need bbdb-mua-auto-update-init.  See also the README file
    > for further details.

I've run bbdb-mua-auto-update-init manually, and made sure that
bbdb-mua-pop-up is t.

My guess is that the hooks from mh-e to bbdb are broken.
If I run M-x bbdb-mua-display-sender while in mh folder mode, it correctly
finds and displays the right record.  The extra window is too big.

bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p is a variable defined in `bbdb.el'.
Its value is (query . create)
Original value was (search . query)

I will wander through mh-e code to see if I can't find what the list of hooks
that it can call is, and whether any hook has been included.

]     address@hidden  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [