bbdb-user

Re: Handling "via" addresses

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Handling "via" addresses
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 17:41:26 -0400

> * Roland Winkler <jvaxyre@tah.bet> [2022-06-30 20:44:40 -0500]:
>
> On Wed, Jun 29 2022, Sam Steingold wrote:
>> I often see headers like this in Gnus:
>>
>> From: John Doe via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>> Subject: whatever
>> Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.devel
>> To: "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>>
>> and BBDB offers to change the name of the <emacs-devel> record to "John
>> Doe", which is clearly wrong.
>>
>> The correct behavior seems to ignore the "From:" line that looks like that.
>
> Have you tried to make bbdb-add-name a function (or regexp)?  (I assume
> you already have a record for emacs-devel@gnu.org that you want to keep
> as is.)

Right, I will do something that way, but this is not perfect:
IMO, *BBDB* should display records for John Doe (and maybe emacs-devel)
but it only shows emacs-devel (unless I ask for all records by
`bbdb-mua-display-all-recipients').

Basically, the sender of the message is _not_ emacs-devel, and BBDB
thinks it is.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2113
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com