bbdb-user

Re: Handling "via" addresses

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Handling "via" addresses
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 11:30:38 -0400

> * Roland Winkler <jvaxyre@tah.bet> [2022-07-05 18:47:27 -0500]:
>
> On Tue, Jul 05 2022, Sam Steingold wrote:
>> Roland, are you going to deal with this somehow or should I report this
>> as an Emacs bug?
>
> The function bbdb-extract-address-components passes the return value of
> mail-extract-address-components through bbdb-clean-address-components
> that calls the user-defined functions bbdb-message-clean-name-function
> and bbdb-message-clean-mail-function.

I think you need to use `mail-header-parse-address' and
`mail-header-parse-addresses' instead of
`mail-extract-address-components'.

This will probably fix at least this specific issue, and maybe many others.

> I suggest to file a bug report for mail-extract-address-components.

Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2113
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com
https://mideasttruth.com https://www.memritv.org
MS DOS: Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.