bbdb-user

Re: Snarf Vcards

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: Snarf Vcards
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 12:49:26 -0500

On Thu, Jul 07 2022, Pascal Quesseveur wrote:
> I have customize display of vcards in gnus using vcard-pretty-print
> from vcard.el:
>
> When vcard is pretty printed, it is no more possible to use
> bbdb-snarf-vcard on buffer.

My knowledge of vcards is very limited.  I developped bbdb-snarf-vcard
when I had some very simple "real" vcards.  Beyond that, I just looked
at RFC 6350.  But I believe that vcards out in the wild interpret the
standard more or less generously.  So there is likely room for
improvement in bbdb-snarf-vcard.

Also, I know little about vcard.el.

Can you post some realistic (anonymized) vcards for John Doe and Bob
Smith so that I can see where things appear to be incompatible?
(What software generated your vcards?)