Re: [linuxiran] wget problem

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] wget problem
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 02:00:13 +0300

On Saturday 14 June 2003 18:06, Ali Yazdy wrote:
> Hi
>
>    I've been downloading gentoolinux with wget -c on
> my win98 with Cygwin.evrything was OK untill I've
> downloaded 120 mb ,than when I returned to resume the
> task suddenly it gave me this message and quite.
>  "Can not write to
> 'gentoo-3stages-x86-1.4_rc4.iso'(Premission denied)."
>  i've ls -l the file and it said that the file belong
> to me
> and after all I'm the only user on my Cygwin . does
> any one have countered the similar problem .or any
> solotion that I dont have to download the whole 224mg
> byt again.
>
> thanks

Poor kid :-) I can imagine how frustrating this is to you. But a google
search on "wget cygwin permission denied" seems to show that you are
not alone, and this seems to be a common problem under Cygwin.

OT: now that you use windoze, I think you might try "flash get" download
manager. My windoze buddies seem to like it very much. When I used
windows, I used to use get right.

On GNU/Linux, I only use "axel".

cheers

--
/* You can always count on Americans to do the
right thing; - after they've tried everything else.