Re: [linuxiran] Clusters Forum? What is the porpuse?

From: Abbas Izad
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Clusters Forum? What is the porpuse?
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:42:42 +0000

From: Aryan Ameri <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: [linuxiran] Clusters Forum? What is the porpuse?
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:42:47 +0300

Hi there:

Well, am I the only one around here, who thinks that having a dedicated
forum just for clusters and grid computing in linuxiran.org! is not
such a good idea?

Yes, you are! when you establish and dedicate a site to linux every aspect of linux are allowed to (should in my oppinion) be covered. Ofcourse, it's up to superviser/owner to have a final saying!

I mean, how many people are really interested in this
thing? Specially in iran?

If someone intressted in the subject then it should considered to be a starting point. I think it is a great ide to start discuss the subject, learn more about it and try it. You
don't have to have large number of clusters. it is the knowlege that counts!

/Abbas

In a country where mail servers and web servers running linux are less
than those running windows (as opposed to western countires), and
clusters are actualy non existent, what is the porpuse of having a
special forum for clusters? Having a forum dedicated to mail servers or
web servers would have made much more sense to me?

Cheers
--
/* "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a
conservative without changing a single idea."